The Moruya War Memorial Swimming Centre is hosting the Aqua Fitness Instructor Certification Course on the weekend Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th March 2020.
This weekend is aimed at delivering the below listed competencies.
- Instruct Water Based Fitness Activities
- Instruct Aquatic Sessions for Specific Population Groups
- Instruct Water Familiarisation, Buoyancy and Mobility Skills
- Basic Water Rescues
- Identify Risk and Apply Risk Management Processes
- Participate in Workplace Health and Safety
Aqua Fitness Instructor courses are not commonly delivered in Southern NSW Coastal Region and we hope that prospective Aqua Instructors might wish to take advantage of this course. For more information please use the below links:
- About the Course Deliver: https://aquafitnessonline.com/
- To enrol in this Course: https://aquafitnessonline.com/product/nsw-moruya-new-aqua-instructor-certification/
- Course capacity is 15.
- Great for Aquatic Facility Staff / Great for School Teachers wishing to deliver School Aqua as a sport choice
In order to meet RLSSA Guidelines for Safe Pool Operations, Aqua Instructors also need to hold a First Aid Certificate (with current CPR). To assist with this, a 1st Aid Course and/or Refresher Course is being held at Moruya Memorial Swimming Pool, 10.30am – 4.30pm on Friday 13th March. Details about the 1st Aid training are:
- Cost $130: Paid on the day
- Participants wishing to attain a 1st Aid Certificate must complete the online pre-course study via Wollongong First Aid – https://mastersit.com.au/vidatek/wp/enrol/form/5224/wfirstaid
- Participants wishing to update their 1st Aid must have a qualification, that is not more than 3 month out of date, prior to the course.
- The 1st Aid training is open to any community member or pool staff wishing to attend.
- Course capacity is 16.
- To enrol please use the online pre-course enrolment link: https://elearning.easygenerator.com/f3e895bb-0e92-4088-8366-b09dd408fbd6